Friday, March 30, 2012

Day 30 - Yes, Today is My Birthday ...

Since today is my birthday, I thought I'd try something "different". I'll be adding updates to this same blog posting throughout the day. It'll be kind of a blog/tweet hybrid. So please check back periodically to see what I've added.





9:23am  Other March 30 babies include:


1853 - Vincent van Gogh, Groot-Zundert, Netherlands, artist, painter and pioneer of Expressionism (The Potato Eaters, Irises)

1913 - Marc Davis, American animator (d. 2000)

1917 - Herbert Anderson, actor (Henry-Dennis The Menace)

1937 - Warren Beatty, Richmond Va, actor (Bonnie & Clyde,Shampoo, Dick Tracy)

1942 - Graeme Edge, England, rock drummer (Moody Blues-Your Wildest Dreams)

1957 - Paul Reiser, NYC, actor (My 2 Dads, Diner, Aliens, Mad About You)

1952 - Peter Knights, Australian footballer and coach

1964 - Corey Millen, Cloquet, NHL center (Calgary Flames)
1964 - Dave Ellett, Cleveland, NHL defenseman (Toronto Maple Leafs)
1964 - Tracy Chapman, US singer/songwriter (Freedom Now, I Got a Fast Car)
1964 - Vlado Bozinovski, Australian former footballer
1964 - Ian Ziering, American actor

1965 - Piers Morgan, editor (Daily Mirror)

1968 -Singer Celine Dion (1968) Celine Dion, Quebec Canada, singer (I'm Your Woman)

1970 - Secreteriat, American racehorse, triple crown (1973) (d. 1989)

 1979 - Norah Jones, American singer and pianist (1979)

For the complete listing, go HERE
----------------------
10:00am Today is After Eden day, and I am working on a birthday cartoon. Here's a possible beginning.















-----------------------
10:35am  Ideas added to original concept. The font I'm using won't do numbers. I'll have to hand letter those.












------------------------
11:30am Ideas are still developing. I've added cake to the scene. It must've made me hungry because after I added the cake, I went and had lunch. Now I'm "back to the drawing board."












------------------------
NOON  Final looks of the characters are coming out. 
Ken Ham stopped by my desk to see what I was working on. 












-------------------------
1:05 pm  Getting closer. The colors are just for filling spaces on their own layers at this point.














2:15pm Getting REALLY close now. As I put on finishing touches, I'm thinking of a caption. Hmmmm. What could bring this cartoon to a nice close?













--------------------------------------
2:45pm The caption has been added and the next step is to send the cartoon to the web department for them to post it to the Answers in Genesis web site. But first, I have to give the cartoon a title. To see what the title will be, go to the AiG homepage and scroll down to find today's After Eden cartoon which will be posted later today.

Keep checking back for more blog updates today!

----------------------------------
3:35pm Looking for a CreationWise cartoon to use for the UK Newsletter. 
-----------------------------------
4:50pm Here's another birthday oriented After Eden. Enjoy!

----------------------------------- 

7:56 pm I received a GREAT present today. I learned a close family member's cancer has not spread. Best news of the day. Praise the Lord!
-----------------------------------
 

3 comments:

Jefferson A. Sweet said...

Happy Birthday, Dan. Hope you have a Blessed day.
So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. (Psalms 90:12)

Penny B. said...

Happy Birthday!

JennG said...

Happy Birthday Dan!!